Tree of Knowledge

Tree of Knowledge
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand...Frank Herbert

Thursday, 21 June 2007

Why I started this blog ?



" A great teacher is not simply one who imparts knowledge to his students, but one who awakens their interest in it and makes them eager to pursue it themselves. He is a spark plug, not a fuel pipe. " ( M.J. Berrill )


I am now the student and hope one day to be that teacher ! So this is my humble way of spreading the SF Rumour......

It's blog specially dedicated to plot the learning experience of a new lifestyle of Solution-focused living...dun worry it's not a new cult or something in fact nothing to do with religion, it may be spiritual though. It's about picking up this new skill & applying it in our life. I sort of want to chart my progress in this & challenge myself to do better by letting everybody know about it, that I would not give it up easily. It will also serve as a tool for other to share their experiences.

It's finding what works in our daily living & doing more of it, which will definitely leads to something else greater. it's about a change in perspective. " If you change the way you look at things, the things you looked at changed." It's as if a miracle had happen overnight while we sleep, and when we wakes up in the morning, we began to see things in a different light & people around us will view us differently & so on & so forth

SF seek to offer an alternative perspective for people struggling with their " Whudever issues ". Most importantly SF approach believes that each person have within themselve the resources to find their own solutions, if they are able to focused on What's Working in their lives & do more of it, no matter how insignificant. It's that simple! .... if one route is being obstructed, try another route. That's SF thinking.

There loads & loads of case studies that shows difficult cases which doctors using the Medical approach for years & could not make any headway with them....and were referred to SF therapists as a last resort, and have found a way out with SF, cured! people with eating disorders, addictions, hallucinations, self mutilators, Anger management ( the list goes on....)

I myself found I am able to defuse myself by telling myself to switch focus when I'm boiling angry. Normal time it takes approx. take about 45 mins to cool down myself. Now 2 of out 6 times, I'm able to made the switch almost instantly when I shift my thoughts away from myself being the victim / oppressed, the mounting pressure inside my head sort of defused instantly, it's amazing (like a miracle).

Right now if you asked what was the sarcastic remark or insinuation, I can’t recall. And it’s not important anymore. So proving once again that very often solutions may not be totally related to the problems per se.

No comments: