Tree of Knowledge

Tree of Knowledge
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand...Frank Herbert

Sunday, 10 June 2007

Renew, Rewrite & Reinvent Your Life



" A Journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step " Lao Tzu




Hi Readers,

Please accept my humble apologies, for those of you who have read my first two posts, and have been scratching your head wondering what is this guy talking about????

Basically I am at a turning point in my Life. Sorry, for those who is not familiar with Solution Focused's typical lingo yet.

It's a certain type of counselling or therapy that focuses on Solutions rather identifying the problems. It's about being brief / short, not dwelling too much on the problems that causing us distress.

Often, as SF people would call it, the traditional " Medical Approach " spend a great deal of time thinking, talking, and analyzing the problems, meanwhile the sufferings goes on. And like it or not, the more you dwell on the negative cause & effects, the more acute the problems becomes.

So the valuable time, resources & energies should be spent more /on " What Helps ? " " What can I do more of what works for me? " thus bringing on a realistic, reasonable relief to the concerned individuals at the shortest possible time frame. Sometimes it's so simple that many learned professionals are skeptical about it's effectiveness.

Just a toddler that is trying to learn to stand up on it's own & stumbling to take the first steps forward, falling flat on the floor
, the baby picks up himself and start all over again....with adults cheering on with their encouraging faces & words...trying again & again until he succeed!

So I, having been briefly exposed to such powerful truths, felt that not only should I makes it a a practice for myself to learn this skill to help myself & others, I should tell others I may not know about this great discovery in my blog that you are reading.

Hopefully I track how far I can progress with it & help to spread the SF rumour......and hoping one day I 'll have acquired enough skills & qualifications in helping others as my permanent vocation in Life!

Of course, one must not treat SF as a cure-all for every ills in Life, it it merely an dedicated approach ( direction / focus ) towards our daily dealing with people around us, especially those we loved so dearly. Try It in your surroundings ! You'll be pleasantly surprise what changes it will bring.

So ask yourself, " What can I do better in ........?" " What did I do recently that bring cheers to people's lives ? " What can I do to get myself out of this situation that hurts me?"
And let me know, post your comments on my blog. Ok?

I am just an ordinary person, trying to do extraordinary things ! That's all !

No comments: